Powerful pairing of S.H.I.N.E.® D-Ribose with Smart Energy Capsules, a new proprietary blend formulated by Dr. Teitelbaum that dramatically boosts energy and more (two-month supply).* MSRP $99.95
Item: Smart Energy System™
Manufacturer: From Fatigued To Fantastic, LLC
Product Quantity: This item consists of two separately packaged nutritional supplements: 1) S.H.I.N.E.® D-Ribose, and 2) Smart Energy Capsules. This is a two-month supply.
- S.H.I.N.E.® D-Ribose provides 10.6 oz of ribose (60 servings; see note below about measuring servings).
- Dr. Teitelbaum's Smart Energy Capsules provides 120 capsules (60 servings).
Recommendations: Take one 5 gram scoop of the D-Ribose and two Smart Energy Capsules in the morning. For even more energy, add a second dose of each around lunch time or early afternoon. If too energizing, just take it in the morning.
Why the Smart energy system? Because the components within it have been research-proven to dramatically improve:
- Overall well-being
- Mental clarity and cognition
- Relief of discomfort
- Mood and stress relief
- Thyroid and adrenal function
- Muscle mass and endurance
- Sexual health and libido
- Stamina and exercise endurance
- And even younger skin!
Click the "FAQ" tab above (at the top of this box) for a list and summary of just a sampling of the research studies that demonstrate these benefits. This is remarkable for a single supplement. Try it yourself and prepare to be amazed!
|Item||Amt per Serving||%DV|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g||2%|
Percent daily values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value (DV) not established.
Contains No: salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, dairy products, artificial flavoring or colors, preservatives or ingredients of animal origin.
Smart Energy Capsules
|Item||Amt per Serving||%DV|
|Proprietary Blend||900 mg||**|
Ashwagandha (KSM-66, from root extract)
Green Tea Extract (43% Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCg), from leaf extract)
Rhodiola Extract (3% rosavins and 0.8% salidroside, from root extract)
Schisandra Berry (2% Schizandrins, from berry extract)
Glycyrrhizin (from licorice extract)
** Daily Value (DV) not established.
Percent daily values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Contains No: sugar, yeast, gluten, wheat, or soy.
Use Auto Ship for Convenience!
NOTE: Auto-Ship price discount is not avaialble for this item.
What Is Auto Ship?
Auto Ship is the most convenient way for you to get supplements you like to regularly order. We automatically ship you a resupply of any items you want each month, or only when you want them shipped. You also continue to receive free shipping within the continental U.S.
Is an Auto-Ship Discount Available on Every Product?
Some items in our store are already discounted to the absolutely lowest price that the manufacturer allows. So we cannot discount them further with auto ship. You can still order them with auto ship to get the convenience of monthly refills, but they will not receive the auto-ship price discount that many other items in our store do. You should read the "Auto Ship" tab on each item listing to see if the discount is available for that item. This item DOES NOT provide a discount for auto-ship orders.
What If I'm Not Ready for a Re-Order?
Not a problem. It would be wasteful to refill your order if you haven't run out yet. That's why we check with you by email at least three days before shipping you a resupply. If you aren't ready for it, simply click the link in your reminder email to bring you to a simple-to-use page where you can change anything about your upcoming order — ship date, order quantity, or discontinue Auto Ship altogether.
How Do I Sign Up?
When adding an item to your cart, simply check the "Auto-Ship" option. You can quit at any time you like. (Please note that Auto-Ship orders are always shipped to the default shipping address shown in your account.)
How Do I Change an Auto-Ship Order?
To modify an Auto-Ship order, login to your account and click the "Auto-Ship Orders" tab (or you can simply wait until you receive your Auto-Ship reminder email and click a link we provide to take you there). Below is an example screenshot of what this page will look like. Just follow the instructions shown to make whatever change you want and click the save button.
Below are various research studies that demonstrate some of the benefits of ingredients contained in Smart Energy System™. Although this is just a small sampling of the studies on this product's components, it will give those of you that are science minded an idea of what this combination can do:
In a published study in which I was the principal investigator, in which I was the principal investigator, 203 people completed a three-week treatment trial of D-ribose. D-ribose treatment led to both statistically (p < .0001) and clinically highly important average improvements in each of the following categories:
- 61.3 percent increase in energy
- 37 percent increase in overall well being
- 29.3 percent improvement in sleep
- 30 percent improvement in mental clarity
- 15.6 percent decrease in pain
Improvement began in the first week of treatment and continued to increase at the end of the three weeks of treatment. The D-ribose was well tolerated.
Reference: Jacob Teitelbaum, Janelle Jandrain, and Ryan McGrew. "Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia with D-Ribose: An Open-Label, Multicenter Study," The Open Pain Journal 5 (2012): 32–37.
These were all done using the special KSM-66 form of Ashwagandha. Because this is a unique form, I suspect these results are only seen with the KSM 66:
Stress and anxiety: In the below placebo-controlled study, depression, anxiety, and stress reduced significantly (p<0.001) by 77 percent, 76 percent, and 64 percent respectively after two months.
Reference: "A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults," published in Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 2012.
Male sexual function: Testosterone levels increased 17 percent; sexual fantasy/functions, arousal, orgasm and sexual drive improved significantly by 4 percent, 18 percent, 6 percent, and 11 percent respectively. I guess it’s best for the man and woman to use it together, so they can keep up with each other. But careful if you’re not looking to have children yet, because ... Sperm count increased 167 percent; sperm motility increased 57 percent.
Reference: "Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study," published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
Female sexual function: Scores for arousal, lubrication, orgasm, and satisfaction improved significantly by 62 percent, 59 percent, 82 percent, and 62 percent respectively.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study," published in BioMed Research International, 2015."
Stamina and muscle mass and endurance: Exercise ability and endurance measured by the maximum oxygen consumption (VO2max) in healthy athletic adults increased 12 percent and 14 percent respectively at Day 56 and Day 84. It also resulted in a 139 percent increase in muscle strength for the bench press, and increased muscle size increase of 8 percent, 17 percent, and 3 percent for thigh, arm, and chest respectively. Along with a 13% increase in testosterone levels.
Reference 1:" Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults," published in AYU, 2015.
Reference 2: "Examining the effect of Withania somnifera Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Recovery: A Randomized Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 2015.
Weight management: KSM-66 ashwagandha supplementation resulted in a 3 percent reduction in body weight. That translates to losing 4.5 pounds in someone who weighs 150 pounds. It decreased body fat an average of 16 percent — a nice side benefit.
Reference: "Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment with Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 2016.
Memory and cognition: Improved short-term memory and brain processing speed.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions," published in the Journal of Dietary Supplements, 2017.
Improved Thyroid function: Free T3 levels went up 47 percent and free T4 level increased 23 percent, which may account for the weight loss.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Subclinical Hypothyroid Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2017.
And the above are just a few of the benefits shown in the research on KSM-66 Ashwagandha. Additional studies appearing in the publication Process include:
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on quality of sleep in healthy adults"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha for perimenopausal symptoms in healthy women"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha for general health improvement in elderly subjects"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on VO2 max , oxidative stress and cardiorespiratory endurance in athletes"
- "The effect of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on creatine, muscle size and muscle strength in athletes"
"Rhodiola rosea extract exhibited an anti-inflammatory effect and protected muscle tissue during exercise. Studies have demonstrated its ability to induce a general sense of well-being and reduce situational anxiety.[141,142] It has demonstrated improvement in depressive syndromes, mental and physical fatigues secondary to medical conditions, sexual dysfunction, thyroid hypofunction (without causing hyperthyroidism), thymus gland functioning, adrenal functioning, and menopause-related conditions.[141,142] Its mechanism of action is partly attributed to the herb's ability to influence levels of monoamines, including serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the cerebral cortex, brainstem, and hypothalamus through inhibition of degradation enzymes and facilitation of neurotransmitter support in the brain. It also appears to prevent catecholamine release and camp elevation in the myocardium, to prevent depletion of adrenal catecholamines by acute stress, and to induce opioid peptide biosynthesis and activation of central and peripheral opioid receptors.[140,147,148]" — excerpted from below study
Reference: Mary Bove, Jillian E. Stansbury, Aviva Romm. "Endocrine Disorders and Adrenal Support." Botanical Medicine for Women's Health. 2010
Numerous studies, although many still in the animal study phase, show widespread benefits of the Schisandra plant. Especially important are its mitochondrial protection and insulin function.
"Numerous clinical trials have demonstrated the efficiency of Schizandra in asthenia, neuralgic and psychiatric (neurosis, psychogenic depression, astheno-depressive states) disorders, in impaired visual function, hypotension and cardiotonic disorders, in chronic sinus issues, allergic dermatitis, acute gastrointestinal diseases, gastric hyper- and hypo-secretion, chronic gastritis..." — excerpted from below study
Reference: Alexander Panossian, Georg Wikman. "Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: An overview of Russian research and uses in medicine," published in Journal of Ethnopharmacology.
Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)
We’ve all heard about the health benefits of green tea. Many if not most of the benefits come from a component called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg), which has very potent antioxidant properties. Use supplements that have at least 35 percent EGCg. Here are just a few of the studies:
- Exercise endurance. Fourteen men who consumed green tea extract for four weeks increased their running distance by 11 percent. It is especially potent at protecting against the free radicals caused by exercise.
- May lower weight. Thermogenesis is the process by which your body burns calories to digest food and produce heat. Green tea has been shown to boost this process by making your body more effective at burning calories, which can lead to weight loss. Healthy men burned 4 percent more calories during the twenty-four hours after consuming a green tea extract.
- Younger skin. Taken by mouth or even topically, green tea extract seems to help prevent skin conditions like loss of skin elasticity, inflammation, and premature aging. Therefore, it is often added to cosmetics.
Below are a few study references for green tea extract:
- Tea catechins and polyphenols: health effects, metabolism, and antioxidant functions
- Dietary supplementation with green tea extract promotes enhanced human leukocyte activity
- Green tea supplementation increases glutathione and plasma antioxidant capacity in adults with the metabolic syndrome
Heart and vascular health:
Lowers blood pressure and improves insulin sensitivity:
- Green tea extract reduces blood pressure, inflammatory biomarkers, and oxidative stress and improves parameters associated with insulin resistance in obese, hypertensive patients
- Cell signaling pathways in the neuroprotective actions of the green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate: implications for neurodegenerative diseases
- Neurological mechanisms of green tea polyphenols in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases
- Green tea extract enhances parieto-frontal connectivity during working memory processing
- Effects of encapsulated green tea and Guarana extracts containing a mixture of epigallocatechin-3-gallate and caffeine on 24 h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in men
- Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans
- Therapeutic effect of high-dose green tea extract on weight reduction: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial (average 2.4 pound weight loss)
- The effect of green tea extract supplementation on exercise-induced oxidative stress parameters in male sprinters
- The effect of a decaffeinated green tea extract formula on fat oxidation, body composition and exercise performance
Improved blood sugar control:
- Epigallocatechin gallate, a constituent of green tea, represses hepatic glucose production
- Effect of green tea on glucose control and insulin sensitivity: a meta-analysis of 17 randomized controlled trials
Glycyrrhizin (Licorice Extract)
Glycyrrhizin slows down the elimination of your body’s stress hormone, called cortisol. This can make it dramatically effective for helping adrenal fatigue.
- Glycyrrhizin induces mineralocorticoid activity through alterations in cortisol metabolism in the human kidney
Numerous studies also show it to be helpful at keeping the growth of numerous viruses in check.