Book: From Fatigued to Fantastic! NEW 4th Edition
The newly released 4th Edition of the best-selling resource for CFS and fibromyalgia is now completely revised and updated. An easy read that explains these disorders, their symptoms, their sources, and how to eliminate them.
Book: From Fatigued to Fantastic!
4th Edition, Released June 15, 2021
by Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D.
Reflecting all the latest research and treatments for CFIDS/FMS!
After its initial release in 1995, From Fatigued To Fantastic became the best-selling, authoritative source for teaching you how to recover your vitality, and address complex situations including fatigue, poor sleep, "brain fog," and widespread achiness. This new, just released, 4th edition, is now completely revised and updated. The most recent and relevant scientific information on addressing the human energy crisis is simplified, organized, and distilled into a simple "what to do now" format.
- Jacob Teitelbaum’s newest edition of From Fatigued to Fantastic! is a must read for all those suffering from chronic illness, as well as those treating patients with chronic illness. I use the information presented in this book every day in my practice with great success. I highly recommend this book for all to read and learn."
— David Brownstein, M.D., author of The Miracle of Natural Hormones
- I provide all my patients with From Fatigued to Fantastic! and find it a wonderful tool to open dialogue between the patient and myself. It is critical that the patient play a major role in his or her own healing. This book provides that bridge. I could not practice as effectively without this book."
— Terence Collins, M.D., MPH, MPS, chairman, program director of the Department of Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Start Here
PART ONE Optimizing Energy with S.H.I.N.E.®
CHAPTER 1: Sleep: Recharge Your Batteries
- Finding Time for Sleep
- The Basics: Good Sleep Hygiene
- Natural Sleep Remedies
- Prescription Treatments
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome/PLMD
CHAPTER 2: Hormones: Your Body's Communication System
- The Problem with Blood Testing
- Thyroid – Your Body's Gas Pedal
- The Adrenal Glands – Your Body's Stress Handler
- Reproductive Hormones – No More Planned Obsolescence
- Menopause and Manopause
CHAPTER 3: Infections and Immunity: Our Body's Defense System
- Candida Overgrowth – The Yeasty Beasties
- chronic sinusitis
- Urinary Tract/Bladder Infections (UTIs)
CHAPTER 4: Nutrition: "Garbage In, Garbage Out"
- Myth Busting 101– Chocolate Actually IS a Health Food
- Start with the Basics – A Healthy Diet
- Nutritional Support – Made Easy
- Double Your Energy in One Minute – Healthfully (boxed inset – four types of sugar addiction)
- Nutritional Myths You'll Be Thrilled to See Busted
- Other Nutrients
- Upper Digestive Problems (Indigestion and Reflux)
- Lower Digestion – IBS and SIBO (Think "Silent but Deadly")
CHAPTER 5: Exercise: Does Sex Count?
CHAPTER 6: Emotional and Spiritual Optimization: A Critical Foundation for Overall Health
- The Importance of Forgiveness
CHAPTER 7: Making This All Simple: The Tune-Up Docs Program
PART TWO Getting Pain-Free—Now!
Introduction – Pain, the Oil Light on Your Body's Dashboard
CHAPTER 8: The 10 Key Types of Pain
CHAPTER 9: Natural Pain Relief
CHAPTER 10: Prescription Pain Relief
CHAPTER 11: Addressing Each of the Ten Most Common Pains
PART THREE S.H.I.N.E.® Intensive Care: Recovering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Introduction: CFS and Fibromyalgia Are Now Very Treatable
CHAPTER 12: What Are Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia?
CHAPTER 13: Sleep Intensive Care
CHAPTER 14: Hormones and Hypotension Intensive Care: Neurally Mediated Hypotension (NMH) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
CHAPTER 15: Infection Intensive Care
CHAPTER 16: Healing Your Immune System: Balancing Th1 and Th2
CHAPTER 17: Nutrition Intensive Care
CHAPTER 18: Exercise Intensive Care: Exercise as Able
CHAPTER 19: Sensitive to Everything?
- Mass Cell Activation Syndrome
- Food Sensitivities
- Mold Toxins and Mycotoxins (Mold Toxins)
CHAPTER 20: Losing Weight with CFS and FMS
PART FOUR The Mind-Body-Spirit (MBS) Connection
PART FIVE How to Proceed and Resources
- Getting $800 Million in CFS/FMS Researching Funding in One Minute; Feel Powerless in Affecting Our Government?
- Sourcing Supplements
- Financial Transparency
- Surviving Prescription Costs
- Would You Like My Brain in Your Pocket
- Getting Disability Approved When Needed
Getting a Life You Love: An Unexpected Gift of the Illness
APPENDIX: An In-Depth View of Immune Dysfunction in CFS/FMS (by Dr. Samual F. Yanuck)